After a decade in mortgage servicing rights (“MSR”) advisory, UVA collegiate tennis player Brett Schaffer and his co-founders felt that they could do “it” differently and better, and it was time. They melded their competitive, entrepreneurial nature and industry expertise with a foundational commitment to integrity and the pursuit of excellence. The founding principle of being the best (NOT the biggest) remains a guiding force.
Their vision included an awareness of the fundamental connection between external client satisfaction and internal employee performance and recognition. They believed that these practical aims were not mutually exclusive nor lofty, and should lead to sustained differentiation. Their design of a flat, innovative team culture of meritocracy, transparency, performance and consistent results yielded market leadership. In 1997, the PHOENIX family and enterprise was born.
We provide optimal strategic solutions customized to our clients’ unique needs. We forge deep and durable client relationships by integrating a comprehensive understanding of their objectives with our superior market insight and unwavering customer service. Coupled with knowledge-based analytics and operational expertise, our team achieves superior execution and actionable operating improvements for our clients…each and every day.
PHOENIX continues to be guided by our founding principles and client goals. We are proud to be the sole independent, employee-owned provider of significance providing services across an unrivaled spectrum of client needs in the mortgage industry.
Clients can expect our commitment to a culture that:
- LISTENS and over-communicates to its clients and employees
- Obsessively attends to details and customer service
- Strives to partner with clients and provide root solutions
- Stays current, relevant and constantly evolves with market changes
- Provides thought leadership for the mortgage industry
- Sees the forest for the trees
- Fosters teamwork, constant learning/improvement
- Grooms talent and succession planning at all levels
- Values diversity, tolerance and transparency
- Invests in technology, innovation & risk management
- Earns and furthers its reputation with clients every day
- Works smarter, not just harder
- Encourages philanthropy and is dedicated to giving back